Sour Cherry Chocolate Pots
14th August 2023
Dark chocolate and cherries are always a winning combination. The fragrant sour cherry molasses combine beautifully with dark chocolate. The process here is really simple so it’s a great quick fix to finish a meal and can be made in advance. We like to use ramekins or teacups for these.
Makes 4 Medium Servings
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHOCOLATE POTS
250ml double plant cream
30g soft brown sugar
pinch fine sea salt
250g dark chocolate (minimum 54%), chopped into small pieces or chips
1tsp good quality vanilla extract
1tbsp Belazu sour cherry molasses
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHERRY COMPOTE
100g pitted black cherries
30g caster sugar
20ml Belazu sour cherry molasses
60ml whipped plant cream
Few pieces of dark chocolate for grating
1. In a small saucepan, warm the cream, muscovado sugar, pinch of salt, vanilla extract and sour cherry molasses to a medium heat, stirring often until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the chocolate pieces and stir until it becomes glossy.
3. Portion into cups or ramekins and leave to set for an hour or so in the fridge
4. While the chocolate is chilling, make the cherry compote:
In a small pan add the frozen cherries and caster sugar and cook on a low heat stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Cook for 10-15 mins or until the cherries have cooked through, released most of their liquid and the sauce has thickened slightly.
Remove from the heat and stir in the Belazu Sour Cherry Molasses, then allow to cool.
If you are making this in advance, store the cherries in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
5. To serve, top each pot with whipped cream, a scoop of cherry compote, and finish with a light grate of dark chocolate.