Mango Passion Fruit Easter Eggs
5th April 2023
Looking for a fun and easy way to get into the Easter spirit? Why not try making your own homemade Easter eggs? They make the perfect gift or a fun activity to do with the kids.
Our recipe is simple but delicious, featuring a rich and creamy filling made with Chantilly cream, mango passion fruit gel, and of course, plenty of chocolate.
Store bought empty Chocolate Egg Shells
200g plant cream
30g icing sugar
1 vanilla pod, scraped or 1/2 tsp vanilla seed extract
pinch of salt
mango passionfruit gel
130g mango puree
70g passionfruit puree
15g caster sugar
1. Chantilly cream
Mix all ingredients and whip until stiff peaks form. This will be the ‘egg whites’ of the egg.
2. Mango passionfruit gel
Mix all ingredients and boil till agar is activated.
3. Let the agar set, cool mixture completely in the fridge.
4. Once completely cooled and set, with an immersion blender, blend to create a thick gel. This will be the ‘yolk’ of the egg.
5. Pipe a small amount of Chantilly cream and the fruit gel on one side of the egg shell.
6. Using a frying pan, heat the edge of the other shell to glue together and form a whole egg.
7. Brush with gold dust to garnish.